Laser dentistry is a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. It has a number of benefits when used for certain types of treatments that make it far superior.
Gentle Dental Care uses Laser Dentistry for the following treatments:
- Teeth whitening – Low intensity soft tissue dental lasers are used to speed up the bleaching process associated with teeth whitening
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment – Dental lasers are used to quickly reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular jaw joint
- Gummy smile – Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile
Why Laser Dentistry?
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches)
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels inhibiting blood loss
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the affected area
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized
- Wounds heal faster
If you would like more information about laser dentistry, contact Gentle Dental Care today.